Health clubs and leisure centres can apply for the following licences through ukactive:

MPLC (Motion Picture Licensing Company)

Following changes in Copyright Law in June 2016, all fitness centres with a device capable of showing TV broadcast or Film are required to hold a MPLC licence.

ukactive Press Release - Feb 2017

ukactive has negotiated the following deal on behalf of the industry:

·         a flat rate tariff of £237.50 per site per year

·         10% discount for ukactive members (reduced to £213.75)

·         Six month grace period (July 2016 – Dec 2016)

·         Flexible payment options


We will be contacting ukactive members to establish whether you need this licence.


PPL ‘Exercise to Music’ Tariff  (PPLPP222)

Since 1st May 2013, it has been the responsibility of operators of fitness centres to hold a licence to cover ETM Fitness Classes conducted on their premises.

Licence Fees

1st May 2016 to 30th April 2017 = £1.47 (plus vat) per class

1st May 2017 to 30th April 2018 = TBC

ukactive members will receive a 10% discount on this tariff. For a full explanation of the tariff, please refer to the Useful Documents.

If you wish to apply for a licence please contact our licensing team.


VPL (Video Performance Ltd)

A VPL licence is required if you are using Zoom Media’s TV network. This licence covers you for the public performance of music videos.


Please email or call 020 7400 8635.



Asda Active