ukactive information notes

Music Licensing: A Guide to PRS, PPL and VPL

back to list

What licences do I need to use music in my facility? Confused by PPL, PRS and VPL?

Both PRS and PPL licences are required to play music in a public place; these licences cover a range of millions of sound recordings, particularly commercially released music, entitling licensees to use them without having to obtain individual clearance for each track.

A VPL licence is required for the use of music videos in commercial settings using a tailored music video system (such as ClubCom) and covers millions of video recordings in the same way as PPL & PRS cover sound recordings.


back to list
Asda Active