|Job Title:||Project Manager – Maternity cover|
|Department:||Strategic Partnerships Unit|
|Reporting To:||Strategic Projects Director|
|Location:||ukactive offices, Bedford Row, London|
ukactive is a commercially minded but not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK active lifestyle sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often. We are looking for a Project Manager with a specialialism in health and wellbeing to substantially grow ukactive’s business in this area.
You will also be expected to have the skills to take sole responsibility for leading a project or multiple projects ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget whilst sercuring a reasonable bottom line contribution. This will include budget forecasting and control, detailed planning and delivery, risk management, strong stakeholder management and resource mapping capabilities.
You will also be aware of potential opportunities to develop the business, and have a relentless desire to do more, take on more responsibility, delivery more and achieve more.
- To successfully oversee the commencement and delivery of multiple projects against a set of pre-agreed project outcomes.
- To build and manage important relationships with both national and local stakeholders. This will include local authorities, leisure providers, community groups and health bodies as well as project delivery partners and project commissioners, ensuring that you provide regular project updates and support where required.
- Creation and circulation of monthly status reports and interim project outcome reports.
- Proactively identify and act upon project issues and risks appropriately as they arise.
- Develop and recognise high levels of performance from team members and address underperformance where necessary.
- The ongoing management of all key project management processes, procedures and documentation.
- When necessary, support head of Campaigns and Projects in strategically assessing the viability of a new project opportunities and our ability to deliver them successfully in a sustainable, scalable and adequately resourced manor.
- Support the wider strategic projects team as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A proven track record in project management
- Impeccable communication skills
- Able to build strong and lasting relationships with a variety of different stakeholders and project partners
- A keen eye for detail
- Self motivated, reliable and punctual
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt working styles and approaches based on changing role requirements
- Preferable to have experience working in or with both the public and private sector
- Experience in constructing, agreeing and managing project plans with both internal and external resources
- Experience in financial planning and management
- Experience in account and relationship management
- Experience with developing more junior resources within a team
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, including Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply for this position please send your CV and Cover letter with the reference UKACT/SP/PMMC/UKACT/042018 to
Closing Date: Monday 28th May
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com