|Job Title:||Social Media Officer|
|Department:||Marketing and Communications|
|Reporting To:||Head of Marketing and Communications|
|Location:||ukactive offices, Bedford Row, London|
Introduction and purpose of the job role
ukactive is a not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
The overall purpose of the Social Media Officer’s role is to deliver marketing communications across ukactive’s digital channels, using the organisation’s website, e-communications and social media channels to increase our engagement with key audiences, from the public to our members and stakeholders. This means coordinating ukactive’s online presence by developing schedules and plans that deliver first-class content; driving social media content for Marcomms campaigns and ukactive projects; analysing data to inform the Marcomms strategy; ensuring brand consistency and tone of voice online; upholding best practice and policy online; and enhancing customer service.
- Managing ukactive’s social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; producing, curating and scheduling content that reflects communications priorities and key messages, and speaks effectively to the audience.
- Develop high-impact social media content with the ukactive Marcomms team – including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats – that effectively informs and engages external audiences and supports media and advocacy campaigns.
- Monitoring and reporting on social media performance using tools such as Hootsuite/Google Analytics and using this information to create comprehensive reports (including researching and monitoring activity of competitors) to increase impact and reach of ukactive’s brand, services and products.
- Produce social media content from the field, including photos and short videos that showcase our work and that of partners and members.
- Working with external organisations, partners and brands to establish joint messaging and campaigns via social media channels, including reporting results against campaign objectives.
- Monitoring and moderating comments on social media posts, facilitating discussion and guiding conversation, responding to user posts/comments and developing digital forums.
Other specific tasks/duties
- Creating, commissioning and developing content for ukactive’s digital platforms, such as the ukactive blogs and online Journal.
- Curating and delivering regular e-newsletters and EDMs to ukactive members and other key stakeholders.
- Liaising with clients via telephone, email, conference calls or face-to-face on ongoing and future campaigns.
- Logging and informing senior management on social media risks and opportunities, including crisis cromms incidents which may damage the reputation of the business.
- Ensuring brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by being a champion of the brand guidelines and training colleagues to use social media effectively.
- Carry out other duties as required and requested in keeping with the wider needs of the team, particularly during peak times and in order to support a flexible team approach.
- Some out of hours work will be required. This includes being on call out of hours including some evenings, bank holidays and weekends, so that in the event of a crisis an effective response is implemented quickly to ensure damage limitation and mitigate further risk.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience and understanding of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to B2B and B2C audiences.
- Experience producing, editing and disseminating multimedia content for online audiences, including copywriting.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and strong problem-solving skills, with the capacity to prioritise messaging and support multiple projects.
- Creative skills to contribute new ideas, identifiy opportunities and improve processes.
- Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients.
- Experience producing and interpreting web or social media analytics to inform strategies and work plans, drawing on tools such as Google Analytics and knowledge of SEO principles.
- An eye for detail and the ability to work efficiently under pressure while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent teamwork and networking skills.
- Excellent English language skills and the ability to communicate messages concisely and appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Experience using advanced tools for online publishing, including content management systems and social media authoring tools such as Hootsuite or TweetDeck.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media algorithms and the role they play in delivering content.
- HTML knowledge to improve content and design.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- Cultivation of leads and sales.
Ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
More People More Active More Often