As part of the wider Active Uprising Conference and ukactive Awards being held over a period of a few days in Manchester, the Active Uprising Weekend is aimed at encouraging all across Greater Manchester to celebrate the fun and benefits of leading an active lifestyle.
The Active Uprising Weekend will be held on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd June, offering free activities across the Greater Manchester region allowing people to sample the transformational effect physical activity can have on both your physical and mental wellbeing.
It will provide a platform to promote and celebrate the fun of fitness and physical activity, engaging people from across Greater Manchester to take part.
Friday 22nd & Saturday 23rd June 2018
The aim is to inspire and engage audiences from the home to the high street, the park to the gym, the classroom to the office, or to simply put on a pair of trainers and get moving at home or outdoors. There will be access to a wide range of free activities, for various fitness levels and abilities allowing people to try something new, have fun with friends, family or colleagues or be inspired to lead a more active lifestyle.
On Friday 22nd June, we will activate the Active Uprising Weekend by kicking things off in an iconic location with our 10@10 campaign. This will aim to see hundreds of schoolchildren doing 10 minutes of physical activity at 10am across the region. We will also offer opportunities to workplaces to support employee wellbeing through embedding physical activity into the working day.
Our focus on Saturday 23rd June will be to broaden our reach into the community, engaging people through gyms and leisure centres, community events, parks and outdoor activities, allowing all including families to engage in various opportunities across the region.
We want you to help celebrate the fun of fitness and physical activity with us across Greater Manchester, getting the celebration started ahead of National Fitness Day on Wednesday 26th September.
We are excited to be working with MoveGB who will power the platform to host the Active Uprising Weekend events and activities, helping people discover what’s on offer across Greater Manchester.
We are inviting you to get involved by throwing open your doors to the public for free, to showcase the fun of fitness and physical activity!
The benefits of doing so include:
- Taking part can help promote your brand.
- It can assist in reaching new members and participants to boost participation in your facilities, programmes, projects and activities.
- It is a great platform to engage the local community and partner organisations, as well as develop new partners and stakeholders.
- It can help engage your social media following by enabling alignment to a wider campaign that celebrates the fun of fitness and physical activity.
- It also provides a great opportunity and platform to showcase your own projects, campaigns and research.
- It helps to get the celebration, conversation and momentum started ahead of National Fitness Day.