Parklives aims to get more people active through a series of free outdoor activities being run in parks.
The ukactive Research Institute plays a lead role in the evaluation of the scheme which includes key questions:
- Has Parklives been successful in engaging less active people and people from “hard to reach” groups where there are the biggest issues with health inequalities?
- Length of time retained: Do people retain an interest in engaging with Parklives over a period of time?
- More People, More Active? Does engaging with Parklives generally support people to get more active i.e. is there a proven pathway to continued activity in other activities outside of Parklives?
- Has it made people happier?
- Use of parks and open spaces: As a result of engaging with Parklives, are people making more use out of local parks and open spaces?
To read the annual evaluation reports for Years 1 -3, click on the relevant link below.