Terms & Conditions of Entry
These are the terms and conditions upon which each entry into the ukactive Awards 2019 shall be subject.
All entrants shall be bound by these terms and conditions and all entries shall be considered and judged in accordance with these terms. ukactive reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, and such changes shall be deemed notified to entrants by their publication online.
- By submitting an entry/entries, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you have the agreement of all associated parties the submission/s be made.
- Each entry must be completed in full and received on or before the closing date of 5pm, Friday 15 March 2019. ukactive cannot guarantee that entries received after this deadline will be considered.
- You may enter multiple categories. Each time an entry is submitted, the entry fee is payable.
- If you have entered an award in either the A or B category groups you are entitled to submit one free entry into either C12 (Physical Activity Champion), C13 (Transformational Leadership) or C14 (Unsung Hero) only. If the free submission has been used to enter a category in group A or B, ukactive has the right to charge the application fee for this entry and if this is not paid, we retain the right to remove the entry.
- Payment must be made when you register, prior to creating and completing your entry/entries (please see the How to Enter and Payment sections of the Entry Guide and the ukactive Awards website for further details).
- Entrants may make payment of the stipulated amount by credit card, or within 30 days of receipt of the ukactive invoice if this is the chosen payment method (for ukactive members only). If payment is not received in full by the stated deadline 15th April 2019 (or before depending on application if paying by card) or as per the 30 day payment policy of the invoice created, entries may be disqualified and removed from the assessment/judging process.
- Once payment has been made no refunds can be issued.
- ukactive reserves the right to cancel the Awards at any stage. In the event of such cancellation, entry fees received will be fully refunded. For the avoidance of doubt, ukactive shall not be liable to entrants in respect of any additional costs or consequential losses incurred by entrants as a result of any such cancellation.
- By submitting an entry you agree to participate according to the assessment and judging processes outlined in the Entry Guide and on the ukactive Awards website.
- Entrants must not seek to make contact with, or attempt to influence the judges in any way. If this is evident, the entrants and corresponding application will be disqualified from the process
- In the course of assessing an entry, the judges may request further information about the entry from the person named as the primary contact at the point of registration.
- Upon submitting an entry/entries, entrants automatically confirm that the information supplied is truthful and accurate. If this information is subsequently found to be incorrect, the entry or entries may be disqualified and withdrawn from the awards competition. In the event of disqualification through the provision of inaccurate information or materials, the entry fee will not be refunded.
- ukactive reserves the right to (i) disqualify entries which do not comply with these conditions, (ii) remove categories without notice and (iii) move an entry to another category without notice if we feel it would be better suited in that category.
- No commercial confidences will be broken – all ukactive awards judges and third parties involved with the judging process operate on an NDA basis.
- All decisions relating to the shortlisting and granting of awards in the course of the judging of the ukactive Awards will be final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into by the judges or the ukactive team in relation to those
- Personal information relating to individuals provided by the entrant shall be stored and processed by ukactive for use solely in connection with the Awards and such information shall not be distributed to third parties, not related to the judging process, without the relevant individual’s prior consent. Such information will only be disclosed to a third party with prior notice when ukactive believes such disclosure to be required by law or regulation or to be necessary to defend the rights of ukactive, the safety of the public or other entrants.
- Should an entry progress to finalist status in any category, ukactive will pass entrants’ contact details on to the awards’ sponsors/partners and facilitate introductions to those sponsors/partners with all category winners. Your agreement to this was/will be sought when you register and pay for your entry/entries.
- By entering the ukactive Awards, entrants, should they progress to finalist status, agree to participate in publicity and material resulting from the Awards if requested to do so by ukactive (in the run-up to the awards evening, on the date of the Awards Ceremony and subsequently in any publicity regarding the ukactive Awards) and ukactive reserves the right to use the details of successful entrants in any publicity or material.
- ukactive will work with successful entrants to develop a series of best practice case studies to be shared at future events, in varying formats, to promote and facilitate ongoing sector learning and development. Entrants’ permission to take this forward will be assumed upon receipt of entry, although any confidential/sensitive information provided can be redacted on request.
- ukactive or pre-authorised sponsors and partners may record or photograph part of, or the entire assessment process and the event, and it is possible that you will be filmed, photographed or recorded. ukactive and its partners retain the right to use any such media for promotional/PR purposes.
- ukactive will not share any information marked ‘confidential’ from any entrant’s application
- Entrants will not seek to penalise, prosecute or claim compensation from the organisers, sponsors, presenters or participants for injury, loss or damage, throughout the assessment process, mystery shops or awards evening.
- The Awards and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
If you have any additional questions regarding the entry process, please contact Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 400 8600