As part of the Fit Together campaign gyms and leisure facilities are committing to six key measures in line with the anticipated Government regulations to reopen following the easing of lockdown measures.
A gym or leisure centre that has made this commitment will have an ‘Approved Covid-19 Response’ logo or sign within their facility.
Here is what you need to know gyms and leisure facilities are committing to:
- Avert the number of infected people visiting the facility
Staff or users who display or live with someone who displays symptoms of COVID-19 will NOT be permitted on site.
- Prevent people ‘carrying’ the infection into or around the facility e.g. on hands
Hand washing/sanitising stations will be available throughout the facility and signage will encourage their use.
- Limit the number of people within the facility – reducing the risk of transmission
The total number of people in the facility at any time will be limited.
- Social distancing – to reduce the risk of viral transmission through the air
Social distancing will occur throughout the site, this includes the spacing of equipment and putting certain areas/items out of use.
- Reduce the risk of viral transmission from surfaces and equipment
Rigorous cleaning will occur throughout the facility with particular focus on high-contact touch points.
- Reduce the risk of transmission to vulnerable or high-risk staff and users
Working in accordance with Government regulations and advice, crucially committing that measures relating to COVID-19 will not discriminate against any customers or staff.
If at any time you feel a facility which is displaying the ‘ukactive Approved Covid-19 Response’ signage or logo is not upholding its commitment to these minimum standards, in the first instance please report this to the Duty Manager or General Manager of the facility. If this does not get effectively resolved, please request further support from ukactive, by contacting us as email@example.com. Please provide the name of the facility, its address (including postcode), the nature of the violation and the activity you have taken directly with the facility to resolve the issue, including the facility’s response.